Bidvertiser

Bidvertiser

Adbrite

Your Ad Here

Adbrite

Your Ad Here

Adbrite

Your Ad Here

Hits4pay

Poems for KIDS


Cypress Street

I took a stroll down Cypress Street
The hot sidewalk beneath my feet.

The one thing that stood out the most
Where trees once stood there were lamppost.

I’d never seen so much concrete
No Cypress left on Cypress Street.

According to my Great Aunt Gem
There used to be a lot of them.

They cut them down. They took their wood
A treeless street is plum no good!

Just like a treeless neighborhood
So tell the Mayor next time they meet...
To change the name to Lamppost Street!











I Grew a Foot this Summer







I grew a foot this summer



and I wish it wasn't true.



I'm not twelve inches taller,



I just need an extra shoe.







--Kenn Nesbitt











My Dog is Running Faster







My dog is running faster



than he's ever run before



in a supersonic circle



in the middle of the floor.







He started somewhat slowly



but he quickly gathered steam,



and continued gaining speed



until his spinning was extreme.







He's turned into a whirlwind,



like a funnel cloud of fog,



so it's hard to even focus on



my whirling dervish dog.







He's like a small tornado



or a canine hurricane.



Why it doesn't make him dizzy



I'm unable to explain.







I only know he has this



most unusual of traits,



and he loves to chase his tail around



while wearing roller skates.







--Kenn Nesbitt















Gordon's Garden







Gordon's garden's started growing



unexpected things,



and though it sounds unusual



they all have beaks and wings.







His garden grew a hummingbird,



a heron, and a hawk,



a pelican, a parakeet,



a pigeon, and an auk.







It grew a cuckoo and a crow,



an ostrich and an owl,



an eagle and an egret



and assorted other fowl.







A mockingbird, an oriole,



a chicken and a duck.



It's fun to watch his garden grow,



and chirp, and flap, and cluck.







It turns out growing gardens



full of birds is not so hard,



and Gordon got his crop



by planting birdseed in the yard.







--Kenn Nesbitt

Comments

0 Responses to "Poems for KIDS"

Speak Your Mind